How Craigslist, Yard Sales, & Consignment Sales Have Helped Me:

As many of you know I am cheap thrifty. I love a deal and a great bargain! I cut coupons for about anything: groceries, restaurants, baby products (even Grace's big girl car seat) and anything that has a coupon! I also do not mind having used things. 

Before Grace was born, I hit the yard sales every Saturday. I found a lot of great things for her: Jenny Jump Up $5, Infantinio Carrier $3, Baby Clothes $0.25-$1.00, Lincoln Logs $2, Dr Seuss Books $0.25, diaper bag $1.00 and many more odds and ends.



Another great place to find bargains are children consignment sales. I have bought toys $1.00, fisher price piano $1.50, clothes, hats, socks, and shoes.


Where I think I have saved the most money is searching Craigslist. This can be a hit or miss with some items and it does take time, but for me it has been worth it! Things we have purchased include: Grace's 2 dressers (free Grandmommy & Grandpa), highchair $20, & safety gate $50.



If you were doing the math... that is a savings of...   $941.54!!!!!!!!


I hope this will encourage you that having a baby doesn't have to be as expensive as you think! Don't misunderstand me... It is still VERY expensive, but there are ways to save a dollar here and there.

8 comments:

  1. love this post! I need to be thriftier & seeing how much stuff you got is inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is also just fun to me!

      Delete
  2. Way to go Katie! You can't go wrong with this mindset - the Proverbs 31 wife! God's blesses His own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found such good deals!! I love thrift shopping!! We need to plan a day on the weekend to go thrift shopping together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo looking forward to garage saling this summer!!! :) Gotta love good deals! Seriously, the best finds at garage sales are baby things. I have been waiting for this for forever lol Also, thanks for all your comments on my blog and for stopping by! I can't reply to comments like your page lets you and there is no email attached to your account...but just know your comments are appreciated!!! :) And I love following along with your life with your cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! Babies only use stuff for a short time so, so many things are like new!
      I love stopping by your blog! It is especially nice to read a blog whose first love is their Savior! Thank you!
      I am still new to the whole blogging thing, so I do not know how to add my e-mail. BUT... it is katiemckenzie@live.com
      Congratulations!!!!!

      Delete

Hi! I'm Katie. Wife to Michael. Mom to Grace, David Michael & Emma. Christ Follower. Runner. Stay at home mommy.
Powered by Blogger.

Archive