Week 3 Update


This week feels like survival week. David Michael will not sleep at night... I am beyond exhausted. I am not really sure what to do? He continually coughs, spits up, and clears his throat which wakes him up. I nurse him every two hours because he acts like he wants food. After I nurse him I hold him up for thirty minutes to make sure he has time to digest his food. I can tell he is tired and wants to sleep, but he is woken up with either coughing, spit up or this weird thing that sounds like he clears his throat. I have tried him sleeping in his bassinet, bouncy seat, car seat, swaddled, and unswaddled. I am at a loss at what to do? I willingly accept any advice...

On the other hand, he is an excellent eater. He will not let me push him more than every two hours. Which means he is growing! He is even wearing some size three month clothes. Most newborn clothes no longer fit. (sad day) 

As for the momma, other than being completely exhausted am doing well. Down a couple more pounds this week, which leaves me with seventeen more to go. (because I really want to wear my wedding ring again) I began walking again this week. I am working my way up. Only made it three times, but felt pretty good. I just do not want to over do it too early and set myself up.

I can not believe Christmas is next week! And my little one will be one month old! How time flies!

4 comments:

  1. Might be reflux? My little guy was the same for the first month until he was put on Zantac. It made a huge difference, and we were finally all getting some sleep.
    Good luck mama, I hope you get some rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. I really appreciate your thoughts. We did start David Michael on Zantac and I believe it is working some, however, he was also diagnosed with Tracheomalacia. Which means his windpipe closes on him. Which completely terrifies this momma. I am told he will grow out of it, but it will take some time. :( For now my husband stays up with him half the night and I stay up the other half to insure that he is breathing all the time.

      Delete
  2. Hi :) Honestly, I can't even remember how I came across your blog but I thought it was so cute and fun, so I've kept reading it! I'm so sorry you're so sleep deprived! We have 4 kiddos, so I understand! The way you describe his coughing/clearing his throat, makes me think it could be dairy in your diet. I might be wrong, because you may not even eat much dairy...but dairy produces mucus/phlegm, and if you eat an average amount of dairy, then he's getting it and his belly might not be able to tolerate it quite yet. I'd eliminate dairy and see if that helps....but either way, I hope you get some sleep soon! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. I really appreciate your thoughts and following along with me! I do not know how you do it with four kiddos!!! Please send any advice my way! I thought I wanted four, but lately I might have changed my mind. David Michael was also diagnosed with Tracheomalacia. Which means his windpipe closes on him. Which completely terrifies this momma. I am told he will grow out of it, but it will take some time. :( For now my husband stays up with him half the night and I stay up the other half to insure that he is breathing all the time.

      Delete

Hi! I'm Katie. Wife to Michael. Mom to Grace, David Michael & Emma. Christ Follower. Runner. Stay at home mommy.



Powered by Blogger.

Archive