Momma 6 Week Update

6 weeks postpartum is a difficult place and time for me. Each pregnancy I tell myself that I am not going to gain too much weight and stick to around a 25 pound gain. Well... each time I have well exceeded that number. Pregnancy #1 I gained 50 lbs, pregnancy #2 I gained 38 lbs and then pregnancy #3 I gained 41 lbs. With pregnancy #1 it took me 5 1/2 months to loose the weight, pregnancy #2 it took 6 months (I had been my original weight for only a couple weeks before finding out that Emma was coming), so now statistically I know that it is going to take me months before I will be able to wear my clothes again, but it still is a difficult time for me.

Currently I have 17 more pounds to loose, but that does mean I have lost 24 lbs. I know that the weight will not just fall off like I desire, but it will take hard work and discipline. I sometimes forget what I currently look like until I look in a mirror and am reminded that I need to put in the work.

The last two weeks I have walked on the treadmill for four days out of seven. I really do feel a lot better when I am able to exercise. I would love to be able to walk every day, but with three kiddos around I do the best I can. The last three week I have lost a pound a week. I wish this trend would keep up, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Thankfully I was cleared yesterday to begin running again slowly!

Here is to hard work and discipline!

0 comments:

Hi! I'm Katie. Wife to Michael. Mom to Grace, David Michael & Emma. Christ Follower. Runner. Stay at home mommy.



Powered by Blogger.

Archive